ISCAR is introducing long drills for a drilling depth-to-diameter ratio of 7XD and up, to be used on standard horizontal milling centers, turning, and multi-task machines. Use of supplementary machine and setup can be avoided.
The new drills will be available as semi-standard items in the diameter range of 25.4 to 69.5 mm (1.00 - 2.73”).
- High feed drilling: up to 0.35 mm/rev for high productivity
- Excellent surface quality: Ra = 0.6 – 2.0 [μm]
- Good hole cylindricity: 50-80 [μm]
- Hole tolerance: IT10
- Large drilling depth: L=5xD and higher – up to 800 mm
- Carries standard SOMX/SOMT indexable inserts with 4 cutting edges
- No dedicated machine or extra setup needed
- Standard coolant pressure as used in general drilling
- Standard indexable, double ended guiding pads
- Used for steel (ISO P) and cast iron (ISO K) materials